CLEMSON - The Tigers take control early in a sound whipping of Maryland Saturday afternoon in Death…
NOTES: Tigers improve to 9-1
* Clemson established the school record for consecutive wins at Memorial Stadium (71st season this year). The Tigers have now won 12 in a row at home. The previous mark was 11 in a row from 1989-91. The victory also tied the school record for consecutive home wins regardless of home site. Clemson won 12 in a row from 1927-30 at Riggs Field.
* Clemson has nine wins in an even numbered year for the first time since 1990 (10-2). This is the first time Clemson has had at least nine wins in consecutive seasons since the 1990-91 era.
* Clemson has a 9-1 record to start the season for the second consecutive season.
* Next week, Clemson will have a chance to reach 10 wins in the regular season for the first time since the 1981 season. In each of Clemson's last four 10-win seasons the 10th win came in a bowl game.
*Clemson's senior class has 34 wins (34-17), the most for a four-year class since 1992.
* Clemson received the opening kickoff for the ninth time in 10 games this season. The only game the Tigers didn't receive the opening kickoff was against Furman.
* Clemson scored 35 points in the first half for third straight game, a first in school history.
* When Clemson scored 12 seconds apart in the first quarter, it was the fewest seconds between touchdowns in school history. The previous record was 14 seconds against Duke in 2003, both on touchdowns by Derrick Hamilton.
* The Tigers had not allowed the opposing team to score nine straight times following a turnover by Clemson before Maryland scored off a muffed punt in the second quarter. The Tigers have allowed just 24 points off turnovers this season.
* Clemson's defense held Maryland to just 180 yards of total offense in tonight's game. That is the fewest yards of total offense allowed by Clemson since October 31, 2009 when the Tigers held Coastal Carolina to 170 yards. It is also the fewest yards by an ACC team since 2009 when Clemson held Wake Forest to 178 yards of total offense.
* Clemson held Maryland to just 1-for-13 on third-down conversions in today's game. That is the fewest third-down conversions for an opponent since September 19, 2009 when Clemson held Boston College to 1-for-12 on third-down conversions.
* Clemson had three lost fumbles in the first half of today's game. Entering today, Clemson had lost just two fumbles all season and was second in the nation in that category.
* Tajh Boyd completed 18 of 26 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns. Boyd has now thrown for 13 touchdowns and 1,033 yards over the last three games.
* DeAndre Hopkins tallied four receptions for 59 yards and a touchdown, the 23rd touchdown reception of his career. He has now scored a touchdown in seven straight games. He broke the Clemson record for consecutive games with a touchdown reception last week against Duke.
* Hopkins also moved into second place in Clemson history in career reception yards with 2,711. He needs just 22 receiving yards to pass Aaron Kelly and become Clemson's career leader in receiving yards.
* Adam Humphries recorded his first career touchdown reception in the first quarter. He finished the game with a game-high five receptions for 41 receiving yards.
* Corey Crawford recovered a fumble and returned it 16 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter. It is the first fumble return for a touchdown by a Tiger since last season when Kourtnei Brown returned a fumble for a touchdown against North Carolina. It was also Crawford's first defensive score as a Tiger.
* Stanton Seckinger recorded the first career touchdown reception of his career in the fourth quarter.
* Cortez Davis recorded a career-high five tackles in today's game.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 8 Strategy
Should you keep Fred Jackson or cut him? Should you cut Zac Stacy or trade him? Each team requires its own strategy based on different circumstances and Dr. Roto does his best to clarify your…Read More
Who's Hot? Week 8: Trevone, Pitt D, Kirby
The stud teams, players, coaches and trends from Week 8Read More
10 Rules For Night Shift Walleyes
Autumn walleye anglers turn their bows toward the launch ramp as the sun sets and evening temperatures begin to fall. That’s when Steve DeZurik begins his fishing shift.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
The Haunted History of the White House
The Executive Mansion isn't just home to the First Family. It's also home to a variety of...ghosts.Read More
- Mate swapping of the famed Suricata suricatta
- OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: No. 22 Clemson at Boston College
- Is there a team ranked ahead of us right now with a 1st year
- Chad Morris
- Why such a drop in gasoline prices?