CLEMSON - Stats from Clemson's wild win over N.C. State.
NOTES: Tigers win wild one
* Clemson received the opening kickoff for the 10th in 11 games this season in today's game.
* With today's win, Clemson clinched its second consecutive 10-win season and just its ninth 10-win season in school history. It is also the first time Clemson has won 10 games in the regular season since 1981 and just the third time in school history.
* Clemson tallied 754 yards of total offense in today's game with 328 yards rushing and 426 yards passing. Clemson is now 64-0-1 when they record at 500 yards of total offense and 62-0-1 when they record at least 200 rushing and 200 passing. This was just the third game in Clemson history in which the Tigers have had at least 300 of each. Two of the three have taken place this year. Other game this year was at Duke.
* Clemson's 754 yards of total offense is second most in school record. That is two yards shy of the Clemson single-game record for yards of total offense. The record is 756 in 1981 against Wake Forest.
* Clemson has now tallied at least 700 yards of total offense in two games in the same season for the first time in school history and it is just the third 700-yard game in school history.
* After trailing 24-13 in the second quarter, Clemson scored 42 unanswered points to lead 55-24 in third quarter. NC State ended that run with a touchdown to make the score 55-31. It was the largest deficit overcome to gain victory this year and most since the Tigers overcame a 14-point deficit against Wake Forest last year.
* Clemson's 62 points in today's game are the second-most points in school history against an ACC team. The record is 82 against Wake Forest in 1981. This was the most points Clemson has scored since scoring 70 in a 70-14 win over Central Michigan in 2007.
* Clemson and NC State combined for 110 points in today's game. That is the most ever by both teams in an ACC game and a game at Memorial Stadium in Clemson history. The previous record for both was 106 when Clemson beat Wake Forest 82-24 to combine for 106 points in 1981. It was the second most combined points in an ACC game in history. Georgia Tech (68) and North Carolina (50) combined for 118 earlier this year.
* Clemson and NC State combined for 1351 yards of total offense in today's game, which is a Clemson school record for yards of total offense by both teams. The previous record was 1106 by Clemson and Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson and NC State also tallied a combined 919 passing yards in today's game. That is the most passing yards by both teams in a game in Clemson history. The previous record was 783 passing yards by Clemson and Texas Tech in the 2002 Tangerine Bowl.
* Clemson's Tajh Boyd and NC State's Mike Glennon each threw for over 400 yards in today's game. It is the first time in Clemson history that both quarterbacks threw for 400 yards in the same game. Glennon's 493 yards passing were the second most ever against Clemson. Chris Weinke of Florida State had 521 in 2000 at FSU.
* Clemson recorded 441 yards of total offense in the first half of today's game. That is the second most yards of total offense in a half in Clemson history. Clemson had 487 at Duke earlier this year.
* NC State's 48 points are the most ever by an ACC opponent at Memorial Stadium. In fact, NC State now has three of the top four point totals by an ACC opponent at Memorial Stadium in Clemson history.
* Clemson now has 63 touchdowns as a team this season. That is the most for a single season in Clemson history. The previous record was 58 touchdowns last season.
* Clemson also set the single-season record for points with 491 points. The previous record came last season when Clemson tallied 470 points.
* Clemson ran 102 plays in today's game. That is the most plays in a single game in Clemson history. Previous record was 98 against Maryland in 1992.
* Clemson recorded 34 first downs in today's game. That is one shy of the Clemson record of 35 first downs in a game which came against Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson had two 100-yard rushers in today's game as Andre Ellington had 124 rushing yards and Tajh Boyd had 103 yards rushing. It is the first time that Clemson has had two 100-yard rushers in a game since September 4, 2010 against North Texas when Ellington had 122 rushing yards and Jamie Harper had 101 yards rushing.
* Clemson also had two 100-yard receivers in today's game as Sammy Watkins had 110 receiving yards and Brandon Ford has 101 receiving yards. It is the first time that Clemson has had two 100-yard receivers in the same game since October 6, 2007 against Virginia Tech when Aaron Kelly (174) and Tyler Grisham (100) both had at least 100 yards receiving.
* Clemson now has had 14 100-yard individual receiving games against NC State all-time. That is the most 100-yard receiving games against one opponent in school history.
* Tajh Boyd set the Clemson and ACC single-game record for touchdown responsibility with eight touchdowns, three rushing and five passing. The previous Clemson record was six by Boyd and Woody Dantlzer. Many ACC players had had six previously.
* With his eight touchdowns, Boyd is now responsible for a ACC single-season record 41 touchdowns this season. He broke his own record of 38 set last year. Obviously his 79 touchdowns over the last two years are the most in consecutive years in ACC history.
* Boyd also set the single-game record for yards of total offense with 529 yards with 426 yards passing and a career-high 103 yards rushing. Ironically, the previous record came at NC State in 2001 when Woodrow Dantzler recorded 517 yards of total offense. Boyd's 103 rushing yards were the first 100-yard rushing game by a Clemson quarterback since Dantzler had 135 in his final home game against Duke in 2001.
*Boyd's three rushing touchdowns were a first by a Clemson quarterback since Dantzler had three against Duke in 2000.
*Boyd now has 33 touchdown passes for the year to tie his own Clemson single season record.
* Boyd completed 30 passes in today's game. That is tied for the fourth most completions in a single game in school history. It is the most since 2007 when Cullen Harper completed a school-record 38 passes against Virginia Tech. Boyd had 30 against Auburn last year.
* Brandon Ford caught his seventh and eight career touchdown passes in today's game. With eight, he is tied with Dwayne Allen for most career touchdown receptions by a tight end in Clemson history. He did that last year. Ford was Clemson's second leading receiver in today's game with five receptions for a career-high 101 receiving yards.
* Dalton Freeman broke the Clemson career record for scrimmage plays in the first quarter of today's game. He played all 102 snaps today, giving him 3208 career snaps heading into his final home game next year. The previous record was 3131 by Landon Walker from 2009-12. Today was his 47th consecutive start at center and his 51st game.
* Rashard Hall recorded his 14th career interception and his 17 career takeaway in the second quarter of today's game. He is now tied with Michael Hamlin for fourth on the Clemson career interception list. He is now in sole possession of third place in Clemson history in takeaways with 17 and passes former teammate DeAndre McDaniel.
* DeAndre Hopkins passed Aaron Kelly to become career receiving yards when he hauled in a 62-yard touchdown pass from Boyd in the second quarter of today's game. He finished the game with two receptions for 75 yards to give him 2786 receiving yards for his career.
*Hopkins set the record in dramatic fashion with that 62 yard touchdown catch. His uncle became Clemson's career reception yardage leader in similar fashion on a 73-yard reception for a touchdown against Virginia in 1993.
* Hopkins's touchdown reception in today's game was also his 15th touchdown reception this season and his 24th career touchdown reception.
* Hopkins has also caught a touchdown pass in eight straight games now. The ACC record for consecutive games with a touchdown reception is nine by Virginia's Herman Moore in 1998. He will have a chance tie the ACC record next week against South Carolina.
* Sammy Watkins recorded a career-high 11 receptions for 110 receiving yards and one touchdown in today's game. It is his second career game with at least 10 catches and his 11 receptions is tied for third in a single game in school history. Watkins also now has 15 career touchdown receptions, which is tied for eighth most with Terry Smith in career touchdown receptions.
* Martavis Bryant had two receptions for 62 yards in today's game. He now has 10 receptions for 305 receiving on the season giving him an average of 30.5 yards per reception on the year. That would rank third in school history in yards per reception if the season ended today.
* Vic Beasley recorded a career-high three sacks in today's game. That is the most since Andre Branch had a school record four sacks against Virginia Tech last season. He now has eight sacks for the season.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Sherman gets best of Kaepernick, Roman
Richard Sherman intercepted Colin Kaepernick twice Thursday in his the Seahawks' dominating win, and had a few things to say about it. Surprise, surprise. Could Thursday's performance lead to a…Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Gains in Wheeled Combat Vehicles Closing Gaps
Do advances in wheeled combat vehicles signal that they can now deliver the same mobility as tracked systems in deep mud or sand dunes?Read More
Out, the New Star Wars Trailer Is!
If you don't get goosebumps when the John Williams score kicks in, the force is most likely not with you.Read More