CLEMSON - Clemson went on a 21-2 run to end the first half and held SC State to 41 total points in…
Clemson to host S.C. State
WHERE: Littlejohn Coliseum - Clemson, S.C.
WHEN: Sunday, December 23 (2 p.m.)
TV: ESPN3 (Danny Reed, Nate Ross)
Overall: Clemson leads 10-1
at Clemson: Clemson leads 9-1
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 9-1
at SC State: Clemson leads 1-0
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Clemson won, 93-70, in 1988-89
Last Meeting: Clemson won, 69-54, in 2010-11
Streak: Clemson has won five straight
• Clemson and SC State will meet for the 12th time in series history on Sunday, and for the fourth time in the last five seasons. The Tigers hold the all-time edge, 10-1.
• Ten of the 11 meetings between the two schools have been held at Clemson, all in Littlejohn Coliseum and since 1988-89.
• Clemson is 27-1 all-time against schools currently in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Head Coach Brad Brownell is 6-0 against five different teams at two schools. He is 4-0 vs. the MEAC with Clemson and was 2-0 at Wright State.
• The Tigers are coming off a 23-point loss on the road at Coastal Carolina - the most lopsided defeat in 75 games under Head Coach Brad Brownell.
• SC State enters Sunday's contest with a 4-8 record, and has played a tough slate so far this season. Included in SC State's eight losses have been road games against Iowa, Maryland and Missouri.
• Clemson has yet to have a game decided by seven or fewer points this season. That is the program's longest stretch since the Tigers of 1999-2000 also went 10 games without one decided by seven or less between Jan. 19 and Feb. 22.
• Sunday's game against SC State will be the first of five home games for the Tigers over their next six contests. Clemson's only road game in the next three weeks will be Jan. 8 at Duke.
• Devin Booker is coming off a 16-point outing at Coastal Carolina, his high point total since producing 18 against Purdue in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The 6-foot-8 senior made 7-of-11 field goals to lead the Tigers.
• Booker has made 26-of-40 field goals in the second halves of Clemson's 10 games this season, a 65 percent clip. He is now sixth in the ACC in overall field goal percentage (.575).
• Booker is fourth in the ACC with 3.1 offensive rebounds per game. He has had five offensive boards in three different games so far this season.
• Jordan Roper has started the last two games at guard for Clemson and responded with double figure scoring efforts in both. He had 16 against Florida A&M before tallying 10 of his 12 points in the second half at Coastal Carolina.
• K.J. McDaniels is the only ACC player among the top 10 statistical leaders in both steals per game and blocks per game. McDaniels is third in blocks and tied for 10th in steals.
S.C. State (4-8)
G #1 Khalif Toombs - 13.0 PPG, 5.1 APG (5-9, 160)
G #5 Adama Adams - 12.6 PPG, 3.3 APG (6-1, 170)
G #10 Patrick Myers - 6.4 PPG, 3.8 RPG (6-2, 175)
F #30 Darryl Palmer - 7.2 PPG, 4.7 RPG (6-7, 190)
C #22 Matthew Hezekiah - 12.3 PPG, 8.2 RPG (6-11, 235)
G #12 Rod Hall - 6.4 PPG, 4.0 APG (6-1, 210)
G #20 Jordan Roper - 6.4 PPG, 1.1 RPG (5-11, 165)
F #32 K.J. McDaniels - 11.4 PPG, 5.1 RPG (6-6, 200)
F #24 Milton Jennings - 10.1 PPG, 5.9 RPG (6-9, 225)
C #31 Devin Booker - 11.7 PPG, 7.6 RPG (6-8, 250)
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More
- 2014 CUTigers.com Official Pick’em Contest - Week 8
- OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: No. 22 Clemson at Boston College
- Is there a team ranked ahead of us right now with a 1st year
- Chad Morris
- Mate swapping of the famed Suricata suricatta