* Clemson is now 12-6 all-time against Georgia Tech at Clemson. The Tigers have won
three straight at home over the Yellow Jackets.
* Clemson scored 55 points in tonight's game. That is the most points Clemson has
scored against Georgia Tech since 1903 when the Tigers defeated the Yellow Jackets
73-0. The legendary John Heisman coached Clemson in that game.
* Clemson has now won three straight Thursday night games. Tonight's win over
Georgia Tech was the first Thursday night win at home for Clemson.
* Clemson's 24-point victory Thursday was its largest over Georgia Tech in the
series since the 2003 Tiger team won 39-3 in Atlanta.
* Clemson held Georgia Tech to just three yards of total offense in the first
quarter. That is the fewest yards by a Clemson opponent since the 2012 Chick-fil-a
Bowl when LSU had just one yard of total offense in the fourth quarter.
* Georgia Tech running back David Sims had not been tackled for a loss all season
entering tonight's game. Quandon Christian tackled him for a loss of one in the
* Clemson is now 70-0-1 when totaling at least 500 yards of total offense.
* Clemson has now recorded 16 interceptions this season. That is the most since 2009
when the Tigers had 21 interceptions.
* Clemson has now defeated 17 straight non-ranked teams by double-digit margins, the
second-longest streak in the country behind only Alabama.
* The 2013 Clemson senior class now has 36 wins, which is tied for sixth most by a
* Clemson scored at least 50 points for the fourth time this season. That is tied
for the most games scoring at least 50 points in a single season in Clemson history.
The Tigers also scored at least 50 four times in 2006.
* Tajh Boyd was 20-for-26 for 340 yards and four passing touchdowns. He is now the
Clemson career leader in pass completions with 830. He broke the record set by
Charlie Whitehurst, who completed 817 passes in his career from 2002-05.
* With four touchdown passes, Boyd also became the ACC record holder in the category
with 97 for his career. He passed Philip Rivers, who had 95 in his career at NC
State from 2000-03.
* Boyd recorded the 17th 300-yard passing game of his career with 340 in tonight's
game. He is just one shy of the ACC record of 18 set by Philip Rivers.
* Boyd also rushed for 43 yards in the game to put him over 1,000 for his career. He
is the first quarterback in ACC history with at least 10,000 passing and 1,000
rushing yards. He is the second active FBS quarterback to accomplish the feat and
the first active QB to do so at a BCS conference school.
* Boyd now has 30 wins as a starting quarterback and is just two shy of the Clemson
record of 32, held by Rodney Williams. Boyd also got his 21st win over ACC teams as
a starter, a Clemson record.
* Chandler Catanzaro made two field goals of at least 40 yards in tonight's game,
including a career-long, 51-yard field goal. He now holds the Clemson record for
field goals of at least 40 yards with 24. He passed Chris Gardocki, who made 23
field goals from 40 yards or more in his career.
* Sammy Watkins tallied 104 receiving yards in the game to give him 1,086 for the
season. He is just the second player in Clemson history to have two seasons with at
least 1,000 receiving yards. The other is Rod Gardner, who did so in 1999 and 2000.
* Watkins recorded his seventh 100-yard receiving game of the season, a Clemson
single-season record. The previous record was six by his former teammate DeAndre
* Watkins also now has 3,013 career receiving yards, becoming just the second player
in Clemson history to do surpass 3,000 receiving yards. He needs just seven yards to
set the Clemson record and pass Hopkins' total of 3,020.
* Watkins also moved into second place on the Clemson career receptions list with
210. He passed Hopkins, who had 206 in his career. Watkins trails only Aaron Kelly
with 232 receptions from 2005-08.
* Martavis Bryant had five catches for a career-high 176 receiving yards and a
touchdown. It was the first 100-yard receiving game of his career. Bryant averaged
35.2 yards per catch in tonight's game. He entered the game with the Clemson career
record with 21.83 yards per catch.
* Bashuad Breeland recorded his fourth interception of the season.
CLEMSON – Five years later, the play still sticks with Dabo Swinney…