CLEMSON – Five years later, the play still sticks with Dabo Swinney.
NOTES: Tigers move to 9-1
* Clemson is now 12-6 all-time against Georgia Tech at Clemson. The Tigers have won three straight at home over the Yellow Jackets.
* Clemson scored 55 points in tonight's game. That is the most points Clemson has scored against Georgia Tech since 1903 when the Tigers defeated the Yellow Jackets 73-0. The legendary John Heisman coached Clemson in that game.
* Clemson has now won three straight Thursday night games. Tonight's win over Georgia Tech was the first Thursday night win at home for Clemson.
* Clemson's 24-point victory Thursday was its largest over Georgia Tech in the series since the 2003 Tiger team won 39-3 in Atlanta.
* Clemson held Georgia Tech to just three yards of total offense in the first quarter. That is the fewest yards by a Clemson opponent since the 2012 Chick-fil-a Bowl when LSU had just one yard of total offense in the fourth quarter.
* Georgia Tech running back David Sims had not been tackled for a loss all season entering tonight's game. Quandon Christian tackled him for a loss of one in the third quarter.
* Clemson is now 70-0-1 when totaling at least 500 yards of total offense.
* Clemson has now recorded 16 interceptions this season. That is the most since 2009 when the Tigers had 21 interceptions.
* Clemson has now defeated 17 straight non-ranked teams by double-digit margins, the second-longest streak in the country behind only Alabama.
* The 2013 Clemson senior class now has 36 wins, which is tied for sixth most by a senior class.
* Clemson scored at least 50 points for the fourth time this season. That is tied for the most games scoring at least 50 points in a single season in Clemson history. The Tigers also scored at least 50 four times in 2006.
* Tajh Boyd was 20-for-26 for 340 yards and four passing touchdowns. He is now the Clemson career leader in pass completions with 830. He broke the record set by Charlie Whitehurst, who completed 817 passes in his career from 2002-05.
* With four touchdown passes, Boyd also became the ACC record holder in the category with 97 for his career. He passed Philip Rivers, who had 95 in his career at NC State from 2000-03.
* Boyd recorded the 17th 300-yard passing game of his career with 340 in tonight's game. He is just one shy of the ACC record of 18 set by Philip Rivers.
* Boyd also rushed for 43 yards in the game to put him over 1,000 for his career. He is the first quarterback in ACC history with at least 10,000 passing and 1,000 rushing yards. He is the second active FBS quarterback to accomplish the feat and the first active QB to do so at a BCS conference school.
* Boyd now has 30 wins as a starting quarterback and is just two shy of the Clemson record of 32, held by Rodney Williams. Boyd also got his 21st win over ACC teams as a starter, a Clemson record.
* Chandler Catanzaro made two field goals of at least 40 yards in tonight's game, including a career-long, 51-yard field goal. He now holds the Clemson record for field goals of at least 40 yards with 24. He passed Chris Gardocki, who made 23 field goals from 40 yards or more in his career.
* Sammy Watkins tallied 104 receiving yards in the game to give him 1,086 for the season. He is just the second player in Clemson history to have two seasons with at least 1,000 receiving yards. The other is Rod Gardner, who did so in 1999 and 2000.
* Watkins recorded his seventh 100-yard receiving game of the season, a Clemson single-season record. The previous record was six by his former teammate DeAndre Hopkins.
* Watkins also now has 3,013 career receiving yards, becoming just the second player in Clemson history to do surpass 3,000 receiving yards. He needs just seven yards to set the Clemson record and pass Hopkins' total of 3,020.
* Watkins also moved into second place on the Clemson career receptions list with 210. He passed Hopkins, who had 206 in his career. Watkins trails only Aaron Kelly with 232 receptions from 2005-08.
* Martavis Bryant had five catches for a career-high 176 receiving yards and a touchdown. It was the first 100-yard receiving game of his career. Bryant averaged 35.2 yards per catch in tonight's game. He entered the game with the Clemson career record with 21.83 yards per catch.
* Bashuad Breeland recorded his fourth interception of the season.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More
- Stuff I'm currently tired of....
- Is there a team ranked ahead of us right now with a 1st year
- SI.com says Chad Morris will be next head coach
- UNC academic scandal
- 2014 CUTigers.com Official Pick’em Contest - Week 9