Tyler Slaton's fielder's choice with two outs in the ninth inning scored Jay Baum to give #15…
Tigers tangle with Hokies
• Rankings - VAT - NR; CU - #15 BA, #20 USA
• When - Friday (6:30 PM), Saturday (1 PM), Sunday (1 PM)
• Where - Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3 (Friday), TigerCast (Saturday), ESPN3 (Sunday)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Sunday) #1 - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate.
• Promotion (Sunday) #2 - Social Sunday. Show coupon on Twitter/Instagram at @ClemsonBaseball and receive $2 funnel cake fries.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 36-23-2 (1902-2011)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 21-7-1 (1916-10)
• Friday - RHP Brad Markey (VAT) vs. RHP Daniel Gossett (CU)
• Saturday - LHP Kit Scheetz (VAT) vs. LHP Matthew Crownover (CU)
• Sunday - LHP Sean Kennedy (VAT) vs. RHP Jake Long (CU)
VIRGINIA TECH OVERVIEW
• Virginia Tech is led by first-year Head Coach Pat Mason.
• The Hokies are coming off a 7-0 defeat at home against William & Mary on Wednesday after winning five of their previous six games.
• Freshman Saige Jenco leads the team with a .379 batting average along with five RBIs, a .591 on-base percentage, and nine stolen bases.
• Clemson is coming off an 18-10 setback at Western Carolina on Tuesday, who extended the nation's longest home winning streak to 18.
• The Tigers average 6.5 runs per game and hit .304 with a .376 on-base percentage and 19 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.78 ERA, .276 opponents' batting average, 2.91 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .955 fielding percentage.
• Clemson has not faced Virginia Tech since 2011, when the Tigers won two of three games in Blacksburg.
• Clemson leads the ACC in batting average (.304), nine points ahead of second-place Florida State (.295).
• Clemson is 5-1 when outhitting its opponent and 1-4 when getting outhit.
• The series features two coaches (Stephen Faris of Clemson and Robert Woodard of Virginia Tech) who dueled in the 2006 College World Series.
• Faris and Woodard (North Carolina) both pitched complete games in the Tar Heels' 2-0 win over Clemson in Omaha on June 18, 2006.
• Tyler Krieger extended his hitting streak to 12 on Tuesday, but Steven Duggar's 19-game hitting streak ended.
BOULWARE PICKING UP WHERE HE LEFT OFF
• Junior catcher Garrett Boulware was Clemson's top offensive player in 2013 and has improved upon his numbers in 2014.
• He is hitting .350 with four doubles, 11 RBIs, seven runs, seven walks against only five strikeouts, and a .440 on-base percentage.
• He is 9-for-16 (.563) with runners in scoring position and 4-for-7 (.571) with two outs.
• He has reached base safely in all 11 games in 2014 and 13 games in a row dating to 2013.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Brandon Era Coming to an End
Multiple sources have informed GoBlueWolverine that University of Michigan President Mark Schlissel will hold a 1:30 press conference today to announce the resignation of Director of Athletics, Dave…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
7 Haunted War Sites
Not only do tourists visit battlefields and war camps, but also rumored sightings of visitors from the other world.Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More