How much longer before Shane Kennedy is back in the Clemson lineup? Publisher Roy Philpott has the…
Tigers face Appalachian State
• Rankings - CU - No. 14 BA, No. 18 USA
• When - Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 18-2 (1973-97)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 16-2 (1973-97)
• RHP Sean Mason (ASU) vs. LHP Zack Erwin (CU)
• Clemson is fresh off a three-game sweep of Virginia Tech at home by a combined score of 30-12. The Tigers hit .324 in the series.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.3 runs per game and hitting .309 with a .374 on-base percentage and 27 steals this season.
• The pitching staff has a 4.46 ERA, .262 opponents' batting average, 2.59 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .955 fielding percentage.
APPALACHIAN STATE OVERVIEW
• Appalachian State is led by second-year Head Coach Billy Jones.
• The Mountaineers swept UNC Asheville last weekend. Entering Tuesday's game, they are hitting .207 with a 4.34 ERA and .953 fielding mark.
• Dillon Dobson is hitting a team-high .328 with five doubles, one triple, two homers, 10 RBIs, and two steals in 15 games.
• Clemson entered the week leading the ACC in batting average (.309), 20 points ahead of second-place Florida State (.289).
• In 119 innings, Tiger leadoff batters have reached 58 times (49 percent). Clemson is also hitting .330 with runners in scoring position.
• Three Tigers, Tyler Krieger (15), Tyler Slaton (11), and Steve Wilkerson (11), are on current double-digit hitting streaks.
• A total of four different Tigers have had double-digit hitting streaks during the 2014 season. Steven Duggar had a 10-game hitting streak.
• Clemson is tied for first place with N.C. State in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 3-0 league record.
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is tied for first place with Miami (FL) and N.C. State.
• Senior infielder Steve Wilkerson is hitting .342 with three doubles, one triple, one homer, and seven RBIs.
• He has hit safely in all 11 of his games in 2014.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More
- Stuff I'm currently tired of....
- Is there a team ranked ahead of us right now with a 1st year
- SI.com says Chad Morris will be next head coach
- UNC academic scandal
- 2014 CUTigers.com Official Pick’em Contest - Week 9