* When Jacoby Ford scored on a 17-yard rush in the first quarter of today's game it gave him at least one touchdown rushing, receiving, punt return and kickoff returns over his career. He became just the fifth player in Clemson history to account for a touchdown four different ways. He joins teammate C.J. Spiller, Chansi Stuckey (2003-06), Bobby Gage (1945-48), and Ray Mathews (1947-50) as the only players in school history with a touchdown at least four different ways. Spiller also has thrown a touchdown pass and is the only Clemson player to account for a TD five different ways. Spiller had accounted for a TD four different ways within the first four games of this season.
* Richard Jackson kicked a 51-yard field goal in the second period, his third field goal of at least 50 yards this year. That establishes a Clemson season record for field goals of at least 50 yards. He had a 53 yarder at Georgia Tech and a 52-yarder against Boston College earlier this year. He broke the record of two 50-yard field goals in a season held by Donald Igwebuike in 1984, Chris Gardocki in 1988 and Nelson Welch in 1992.
* With an 11-yard kickoff return in the second period, C.J. Spiller became the ACC's career all-purpose yardage leader. He moved ahead of Leon Johnson of North Carolina (1993-96) today. Johnson had 5,828 for the Tar Heels. Spiller finished the day with 5945 for his career and will need just 55 yards against Wake Forest in two weeks to become the first ACC player to reach the 6000 yard mark.
* Spiller's 92 yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the third period was his fifth career kickoff return for a touchdown and his sixth total kick return for a score. He ran the last 70 yards of the play with just one shoe. He broke the record of five set by Justin Miller, who had five kick returns for touchdowns between 2002-04. It was also Spiller's 16th career touchdown of at least 50 yards, his ninth of at least 80 yards. Spiller has had at least one play of 60 yards in all five games so far this year. That is a Clemson record in both TD plays of 50 yards and 80 yards.
* On that play Spiller also became Clemson's career leader in kickoff return yards. He had 103 on kickoff returns today, his third career 100-yard kickoff return game. He now has 1637 career kickoff return yards.
* Clemson has scored 11 touchdowns this year and C.J. Spiller and Jacoby Ford have combined for nine of the 11.
* Da'Quan Bowers had a career high eight tackles and a career high two sacks today.
COLLEGE PARK, Md. - Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney believes it was his responsibility to improve Clemson…