CLEMSON - Click the links to listen to the thoughts from Clemson players and coaches about Saturday…
NOTES: Tigers dominate Coastal
* Improved its record to 13-7 in games played on Halloween. Today was the first time since 1931 that Clemson held its Homecoming on Halloween.
* This was Clemson's largest margin of victory (46 points) since a 54-0 win over South Carolina State on September 20, 2008.
* Clemson has scored at least 38 points three consecutive games. It is the first time Clemson has done that since the 2007 season when Clemson defeated Louisiana Monroe 49-26, Furman 38-10 and NC State 42-20 in consecutive games in September that year.
* Clemson had a season high 252 yards rushing today, the most for the Tigers since Clemson had 252 (yes the same total) against The Citadel last year.
* Today's game was the first time that Clemson has had three different players throw a touchdown pass in the same game since October 20, 1984, when Clemson celebrated Homecoming with a 54-21 win over Duke. That day Mike Eppley, Anthony Parete, and Stacy Driver all threw touchdown passes. Today, Kyle Parker, Willy Korn and Jacoby Ford all threw scoring passes.
* Clemson was 7-7 on PATs today and has now made 116 in a row dating back to the 2006 Music City Bowl.
* Clemson's defense held Coastal Carolina to 27 yards passing. But, it was not the season low for a Tigers opponent. Boston College had just 25 yards passing against the Tigers earlier this year.
* With today's victory, Kyle Parker has now started at quarterback in five Tiger victories this year. He has tied the Clemson record for wins by a freshman starting quarterback. Rodney Williams had a 5-3 record as a starter in 1985.
* Jacoby Ford moved into seventh place in Clemson history in touchdown receptions with 14.
* Jacoby Ford has now caught at least one pass in 23 consecutive games he has played.
* Xavier Dye scored his second career touchdown on a 36-yard pass from Jacoby Ford. It was his first touchdown of the year.
* With his touchdown pass today, Jacoby Ford joins C.J. Spiller as the only two players in Clemson history to have scored touchdowns five different ways - rushing, receiving, punt return, kickoff return, and throwing a touchdown.
* Ford is now 2-2 for 55 yards and a touchdown threw the air this year. He has a passing efficiency of 388.6.
* Crezdon Butler had his 11th career interception today, a pick he returned 47 yards. He now has 243 career interception return yards, tied for second in Clemson history with former teammate and 2008 senior Michael Hamlin.
* C.J. Spiller scored his 40th career touchdown on a six-yard rush. It was his 10th touchdown of the year and he has now scored at least one touchdown in every game this year. His streak of consecutive games with a play of at least 60 yards ended however, at seven games.
* Jacoby Ford's touchdown pass was the first thrown by a Clemson wide receiver since Chip Davis threw one to Gary Cooper against Florida State, on a rainy day in 1988. * Jaron Brown scored his first career touchdown on an 18-yard pass from Willy Korn.
* Rashard Hall had his fourth interception of the year today. That is the most by a Clemson freshman since Justin Miller had a Clemson record tying eight picks in 2002.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More
- Stuff I'm currently tired of....
- Is there a team ranked ahead of us right now with a 1st year
- Chad Morris
- How did Cole Stout beat out every other QB on Clemson's depth
- Mate swapping of the famed Suricata suricatta