CLEMSON - Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele's opinion of Christian Ponder hasn't wavered after the…
NOTES: Tigers blast 'Noles
* Clemson had five penalties in the first half, including one when the Tigers had first and goal from the half yard line. Coming into the game, Clemson averaged 4.6 penalties, fourth best in the country. Clemson ended the contest with 7-60 in penalties.
* Clemson finished with 241 yards rushing and 242 yards passing for 483 total, a season high. It was the first game all year Clemson has had at least 200 of each. Clemson is now 51-0-1 in the history of its program when it has at least 200 yards or each.
* Clemson had four interceptions as a team for 82 return yards. The Tigers now have 19 interceptions for the year.
* Clemson missed three extra points in tonight's game. The Tigers had made 116 consecutive extra points over the last three years prior to tonight's game. Richard Jackson had been 25-25 entering tonight's game, but missed two this evening.
* Clemson has now scored at least 38 points in four straight games. This is the first time Clemson has done that in the history of the program.
* C.J. Spiller had a Clemson record 312 all-purpose yards in tonight's game. He broke his own record of 310 against Miami (FL) just two weeks ago. His performance included a career high 165 yards rushing. His previous high was 155 against N.C. State in 2006.
* C.J. Spiller had three receptions tonight for 67 yards. The three catches give him 108 for his career, a school record for a running back. The previous high was 105 by Travis Zachery, who played from 1998-01.
* Spiller went over the 3,000-yard mark in terms of rushing in this evening's game and now has 3074 for his career. He moved ahead of Kenny Flowers (2914) and Travis Zachery (3058) on Clemson's career list tonight and is now in third place. His former teammate James Davis (3881) and Raymond Priester (3966) are the only players ahead of him.
* Spiller became just the second player in Clemson history to go over 3000 yards rushing and 1000 receiving in tonight's game. Zachery is the only other Tiger to do it. Spiller now has 3,074 rushing and 1,251 receiving.
* Spiller now has 6,702 all-purpose running yards. He moved ahead of Reggie Bush on the all-time NCAA list tonight. Bush finished his career at USC with 6,551. Spiller now needs just 298 all-purpose yards to become the fifth player in NCAA history to reach 7,000 all-purpose yards.
* Kyle Parker threw four touchdown passes tonight to tie the Clemson single game record for a freshman. Charlie Whitehurst threw four against Duke and North Carolina in 2002, his freshman year. Parker now has 14 touchdown passes, breaking the previous record for a freshman. Whitehurst had 10 in 2002. Parker also established the record for passing yards by a freshman tonight. He now has 1,665 for the year, breaking the previous mark of 1,554 by Whitehurst in 2002.
* C.J. Spiller scored his 20th career touchdown of 50 yards or more, eighth this season, off of a 58-yard pass from Kyle Parker in the third quarter.
* With the 36-yard rush by CJ Spiller in the third quarter, Spiller and Jacoby Ford became the all-time all-purpose yard leaders for two teammates. The previous record was 10, 253 set by Marshall Faulk and Darnay Scott of San Diego State from 1991-93. Spiller and Ford now have 10,334.
* DeAndre McDaniel's 8th interception ties a Clemson single season record. Robert O'Neal (1989) and Justin Miller (2002) also had eight in a year.
* Graduate Durrell Barry caught a two-yard touchdown pass in the fourth period. It was his second career TD, his first since his freshman year when he caught a 32-yard scoring pass against Kentucky in the Music City Bowl. It was Barry's first catch this year and the ninth of his career. Four of his nine career catches are against Florida State.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More
- Stuff I'm currently tired of....
- Is there a team ranked ahead of us right now with a 1st year
- SI.com says Chad Morris will be next head coach
- UNC academic scandal
- Mate swapping of the famed Suricata suricatta