RALEIGH, N.C. - Stats from Clemson's 20-point win over N.C. State.
NOTES: Tigers blast N.C. State
* Clemson averaged a season high 8.3 yards per play today. It was the highest average for a Clemson team since 2006 when Clemson averaged 9.64 yards a play against Temple.
* Clemson rushed for 254 yards today and now has three consecutive rushing games of at least 240 yards .It is the first time Clemson has done that since a five-game streak of at least 240 yards in 2000.
* Clemson has now won five consecutive games and scored at least 38 points in all five games. It is Clemson's longest winning streak since the Tigers own six in a row in 2006.
* Clemson has now won six straight from NC State, the longest winning streak in school history against the Wolfpack. It is Clemson's longest winning streak against an ACC team since the Tigers beat Maryland eight times in a row from 1993-2000.
* Clemson is one win away from clinching the Atlantic Division of the ACC for the first time since the conference went to this format in 2005. The Tigers face Virginia on Saturday, November 21, one day after Dabo Swinney turns 40.
* Clemson has now averaged 42 points per game over the last five games, or since the loss at Maryland on October 3.
* Clemson is 4-0 against the top four rated passers in the ACC in terms of efficiency (entering today's game). Those passers are Jacory Harris of Miami, Russell Wilson of NC State, Christian Ponder of Florida State and Riley Skinner of Wake Forest. Clemson held Wilson to 12-32 passing for 183 yards today.
* Clemson is now 6-1 in the month of November under Dabo Swinney and the Tiger program is 21-7 in November since 2002. * Clemson tight ends now have 42 catches for the season, the second highest total in school history. The record is 46 by the 1970 Tigers.
* C.J. Spiller threw a 17-yard scoring pass to Xavier Dye in the second period. It was his second career touchdown pass. He had one last year at Virginia. Spiller has now accounted for a touchdown five ways this year, the first Clemson player in history to do that. Spiller now has one punt return for a score, three kickoff returns for scores, four receptions for touchdowns, one touchdown pass and six rushing touchdowns.
* In the second half, Spiller had a 16-yard run for a touchdown and caught a 34-yard scoring pass from Kyle Parker. Spiller becomes the first player in Clemson history to throw a touchdown pass, rush for a score and catch a touchdown pass in the same game in Clemson history.
* Spiller established the Clemson single season record for all-purpose running in today's game. He finished with 158 all-purpose yards and now has 1952 for the season. The previous record was 1883 by Derrick Hamilton in 2002.
* Spiller will enter his final home game next week against Virginia needing just 140 all-purpose yards to become just the fifth player in FBS history with 7000 all-purpose yards.
* Spiller has scored 14 touchdowns this year, tied for seventh in Clemson history. He needs four more to tie Travis Zachery's Clemson record. He had 18 in 2000.
* Jamie Harper's 69-yard run was the longest run of the year by a Clemson player and the longest by a Clemson player since 2007 when C.J. Spiller went 83 yards against Auburn in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
* Kyle Parker completed 12-18 passes for 183 yards and two touchdowns today, a passing efficiency of 183, his top efficiency of the year. Parker has 16 touchdown passes this year, already a record for a Clemson freshman and tied for the fourth most in a season in school history by any quarterback.
* Michael Palmer had four receptions today and his third scoring pass of the season. Palmer now has 27 receptions for the year, the most by a Clemson tight end since 1971 when John McMakin had 31. The record for a season is 40 by McMakin in 1970.
CUTigers.com Recommended Stories
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Sherman gets best of Kaepernick, Roman
Richard Sherman intercepted Colin Kaepernick twice Thursday in his the Seahawks' dominating win, and had a few things to say about it. Surprise, surprise. Could Thursday's performance lead to a…Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Gains in Wheeled Combat Vehicles Closing Gaps
Do advances in wheeled combat vehicles signal that they can now deliver the same mobility as tracked systems in deep mud or sand dunes?Read More
Out, the New Star Wars Trailer Is!
If you don't get goosebumps when the John Williams score kicks in, the force is most likely not with you.Read More